News from Esparto High School
Submitted by Aida Buelna, Principal
California Standards Test & AP Exams
We will continue to administer the CST exams in the month of May. Please assist your son or daughter doing the following:
- Sleep – have your child get plenty of sleep during the testing window.
- Breakfast – be sure your child has a hearty breakfast before coming to school on test day.
- Encourage your child by letting them know that they will perform well because they have been studying all year for this test.
- It is critical that students make every effort to be in attendance the day of the CST exams.
The high school schedule for May is as follows:
May 6th & 7th CST Math (9th -11th grades)
May 9th & 10th CST Social Science (Test is administered in Social Science)
May 8th AP Math
May15th AP History
Fund Raising Event
We are currently unfunded in the area of high school athletic transportation. This means that over the last couple of years parents have had to arrange athletic transportation for their son or daughter. The high school has NOT PROVIDED athletic transportation and will not provide it in 2013-14.
In an effort to alleviate the burden this has placed on athletics, we are looking to hold a Golf Tournament this summer or fall for fund raising purposes. All proceeds raised will be utilized to support Athletic Transportation. However, before we can move forward with this fund raiser I am asking the community to support the high school by providing one of the following:
Gifts Certificates, Baskets for the event.
2. Sponsor a Golf Hole - $200 (Your name/company will be placed on one of the golf holes indicating your sponsorship along with your name on the t-shirts that will be made up for the event.)
3. Sign up a company team for the event.
4. Donate prizes that can be presented to the winning teams.
If you are able to support this fund raising event please email or call Aida Buelna at the following number: (530) 787-3446 or email@example.com
Provide your name, contact information, and how you would support the event.
Thank you in advance for your support and consideration!
Calendar of Events:
May 2-4th Spring Play – EHS Auditorium
May 2nd Baseball & Softball vs. Live Oak -4:00
May 8th Blood Drive – EHS Gym
May 11th PROM – Woodland Senior Center
May 13th Minimum Day
May 17th Spartarama – Day on the Green
May 23rd FFA Awards Banquet
May 27th Holiday
June 3rd Minimum Day
June 6 & 7th Finals – Minimum Days
June 7th Graduation – Last day of school